- 3 pieces of chain
- ribbon, I used a leatherband (about 5 times of the bracelets)
- some kind of clasp (with jump rings)
- tape (optional)
Step by step:
1. Cut the chain into 3 pieces, one of the size of your braclet (depends on the size of the clasp), the other two pieces are two links shorter. Secure the longest chain with tape.
2. Put the band through the second link of your longest chain, leaving two equal strands on both sides.
3. Now put the right strand through your loop and then the left one.
4. Pull tight and turn your chain over.
5. Take your right strand and pull it through (from underneath) the first link of your right chain.
6. Then pull the right strand from above through the third link of your middle chain.
7. Repeat the steps on the left side: Take the left strand and pull it from underneath through the link and pull it from above through the link in the middle chain.
8. Repeat this until you reached the end of your chain. Always be careful not to twist your ribbon.
9. To secure the leatherband put it through the last link twice and knot it on the back.
10. Trime away any excess and put some glue on the knot to secure it.
11. Connect your clasp on the middle chain with your jump rings. If your bracelet is too tight just add another jump ring.
original tutorial (in german): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2blWM0OMwE&list=PLBF845CCC57998C81&index=11